Resolutions of the General Meetings of Shareholders of ageas SA/NV on 16 May 2018
The Ordinary and Extraordinary General Meetings of Shareholders of ageas SA/NV have approved the proposals submitted to it by the Board of Directors.
38.27% of the share capital was represented.
The General Meetings of Shareholders have approved all agenda items:
- the company's statutory annual accounts for the financial year 2017;
- the payment of a gross cash dividend of EUR 2.10 per Ageas share;
- the discharge of the members of the Board of Directors and the Statutory Auditor KPMG Réviseurs d'Entreprises/Bedrijfsrevisoren for the financial year 2017;
- the remuneration report;
- the remuneration of the Chairman and of the non-executive members of the Board of Directors;
- the appointment of Mrs. Sonali Chandmal as an independent non-executive member of the Board of Directors for a period of 4 years, until the close of the Ordinary General Meeting of Shareholders in 2022;
- the appointment of PWC Bedrijfsrevisoren/PwC Reviseurs d'entreprises as Statutory Auditor for a period of 3 years, starting from the second quarter of 2018;
- the amendment to article 4 of the Articles of Association by inserting a new paragraph, referring to the organisation and operation of reinsurance activities;
- the cancellation of 6,377,750 own shares bought back in 2017;
- the authorisation of the Board of Directors to increase the company capital, in one or more transactions, by a maximum amount of EUR 148,000,000;
- the authorisation of the Board of Directors to acquire ageas SA/NV shares, with the maximum number of shares which can be acquired not representing more than 10% of the issued share capital.
Ageas is a listed international insurance Group with a heritage spanning 190 years. It offers Retail and Business customers Life and Non-Life insurance products designed to suit their specific needs, today and tomorrow. As one of Europe's larger insurance companies, Ageas concentrates its activities in Europe and Asia, which together make up the major part of the global insurance market. It operates successful insurance businesses in Belgium, the UK, Luxembourg, France, Portugal, Turkey, China, Malaysia, India, Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Singapore, and the Philippines through a combination of wholly owned subsidiaries and long term partnerships with strong financial institutions and key distributors. Ageas ranks among the market leaders in the countries in which it operates. It represents a staff force of over 50,000 people and reported annual inflows close to EUR 34 billion in 2017 (all figures at 100%).
 Dividend: the meeting approved a gross cash dividend of EUR 2.10 per Ageas share for the financial year 2017. The timetable is as follows: 28 May 2018: ex-dividend date; 30 May 2018: payment date (coupon no.6). More information about the fiscal treatment of the dividend can be found on http://www.ageas.com/en/investors/dividend.